PDA

View Full Version : Muslim women and male doctors?

UrduSpeaker
02-24-2010, 07:07 PM
is it ok for muslim women go to male doctors? shouldn't they go female doctors only?

also if you're a husband, how would you feel your wife going to a male doctor?:worried:

UrduSpeaker
02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
oh btw i am only talking about visting doctors on minor things, not a surgery or some thing, then its fine

Blood..
02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
tabib/doctor is said to be mahram to every muslim woman.

Zezima
02-24-2010, 07:14 PM
If it is a minor thing, you go to a clinic; and they got plenty of female personnel who can get it done if the patient asks for it.

Blood..
02-24-2010, 07:18 PM
tabib/doctor is said to be mahram to every muslim woman.

as long as they are not alone.

schamz
02-24-2010, 07:39 PM
This is so rediculous. I mean it is a different thing with OBGYN docs and I can understand when they go to females only but other docs are ok for both genders. I personally find it even for OBGYN rediculous, it is a profession and something serious is going on when people go to a doctor.
I do not understand this way of thinking and it has not much to do with Islam.

Didem
02-24-2010, 07:46 PM
This is so rediculous. I mean it is a different thing with OBGYN docs and I can understand when they go to females only but other docs are ok for both genders. I personally find it even for OBGYN rediculous, it is a profession and something serious is going on when people go to a doctor.
I do not understand this way of thinking and it has not much to do with Islam.

Agreed :verryhappy:
no wonder so many afghans talk and talk behind ppl's back, they don't take things straight forward, they always come up with weird thinking

UrduSpeaker
02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
well there are pervert doctors outthere, i am not saying many but still there are, reading this case is the reason i made the thread: http://islam-west.com/2010/01/doctor-sexually-attacks-pregnant-muslim-woman.html

also in west its probably better, but in our countries there are a lot of doctors harrassing women

sadaf=love
02-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't see anything wrong with going to a male/female Doc. Doc's are doing their jobs. I mean its totally stupid to not let your wife go to a male Doc.

Sangria
02-24-2010, 08:37 PM
is it ok for muslim women go to male doctors? shouldn't they go female doctors only?

also if you're a husband, how would you feel your wife going to a male doctor?:worried:

No.
They should not go to any doctors.
Also, muslim men should also not go to any doctors. Male doctors in the US are all gay and may take advantage of them.

Zubin
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
I bet Urduspeaker jan would want to be a gynaecologist if he had a chance.Dont understand why men become one though.Its like an auto mechanic who has never owned a car.

Sangria
02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
All Obgyn's are nutcases. In Afghanistan, most women were driven to that field because there were no other option for them. In the US, even up to the late 80's, majority of ob gyns were men because it was a "surgical" field. Now OB GYN is filled with bitchy women and gay men.

Degree
02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I went to the doctor for prostate check up... she felt it,how naw moharam is tha?

Realist
02-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Its haram. But its ok to men to visit female doctors haha :)

Purple
02-25-2010, 07:24 AM
You guys have nothing else to talk about? Or other topics to bring up?
Fobs!

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 08:06 AM
The general rule of thumb is that seeinga male doctor is not acceptable; but if there's a shortage of women doctors or that the male doctor is more competent at treatment than a woman doctor. Then yes it's ok.

Nasha
02-25-2010, 08:20 AM
This is ridiculous, seriously :itsok: I feel so embarassed when discussions like these come up, God...:rolleyes:

My doctors are all males, here ya go, dont throw rocks at me please :rolleyes:

Nasha
02-25-2010, 08:22 AM
You people are probably the ones that also believe a doctor, who's non-Muslim or Kafir or whatever, will go to hell. :rolleyes:

Elixir
02-25-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/maxwell_smart__confused.gif

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 08:46 AM
You guys have nothing else to talk about? Or other topics to bring up?
Fobs!

Other topics like tattoos and describing other members. Let's be honest, it's not like the other topics have any weight on anything.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
This is ridiculous, seriously :itsok: I feel so embarassed when discussions like these come up, God...:rolleyes:

My doctors are all males, here ya go, dont throw rocks at me please :rolleyes:

Your doctors were all male? Looks like you've been taken advantage of. My condolences, because THAT's embarrassing.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
You people are probably the ones that also believe a doctor, who's non-Muslim or Kafir or whatever, will go to hell. :rolleyes:

What's the point that you're trying to make with that remark?

Nasha
02-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Your doctors were all males? Looks like you got taken advantage of. My condolences.

They weren't. They are my doctors :)

Oh by the way, what if people selling Halal food are actually selling Haram? What if in the mosque some perv installs a cam in the ladies prayer room? What if the female doctors I go to are Lesbians?

You're hilarious. Because of people like you women all over the world won't get themselves treated by a doctor because he's a male.

Besides, you got your answer, Islam doesn't say no to that, period.

Nasha
02-25-2010, 08:55 AM
What's the point that you're trying to make with that remark?

What I'm trying to remark is, doctors are doctors. No matter if Muslim or not, no matter if male or female, no matter what their intention is, they help people, even the biggest beghairat doctor took an oath.
I'm a Muslimah who believes that a person that does good on earth will not be punished by Allah swt. no matter if he's a Muslim or not.
I was trying to remark that your opinion clearly sucks and I doubt you're a person that can judge a humanbeing as a H-U-M-A-N-B-E-I-N-G, using your common sense.

FatimaJaan
02-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Errr.

Personally, as a Muslim, do not feel comfortable going to a male doctor if it's a sensitive issue but obviously if I didn't have options I'd have to take what I can get. With the exception of my bouts of ear infection (wth, am I 10?!), I've always had the option of choosing.

Islamically, if there are such "options" then obviously you take the more reasonable one. If there are equally rated male and female doctors, go with female. However, if a male doctor will provide speedier service in necessity(emergency), better service (more qualified), cheaper service (financial restrictions) then going the male doctor route is permissible.

As for the Muslim doctor, since there is no exemption in the west it is obligatory for him/her to treat female/male patients because of legal necessity (darurah) (i.e. taking an oath).

Getting emotionally charged and bringing up extreme ends of situations are what make this topic sound retarded. Like "welll if your baby was dying" or "alll those people that died because of..."
Avoiding treatment all together is stupid and not the issue at hand. No need to get all pissy oh you open minded folks you. :rolleyes:

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 09:01 AM
They weren't. They are my doctors :)

Oh by the way, what if people selling Halal food are actually selling Haram? What if in the mosque some perv installs a cam in the ladies prayer room? What if the female doctors I go to are Lesbians?

You're hilarious. Because of people like you women all over the world won't get themselves treated by a doctor because he's a male.

Besides, you got your answer, Islam doesn't say no to that, period.

Well if people are selling harram food , then there are rules that ensure that their food is halal which if broken will be meted penalty If a perv installs a cam, then that should be investigated upon and removed and then that person should be prosecuted. If the female doctor is a lesbian, she still has intimate awareness of what other women go through.

Your claim doesn't apply; I never said women can't see a male doctor "ever"; I said that in the Absence of competent female doctors, then a male doctor is acceptable. So your claim doesn't apply. However if there is an abundance of competent female doctors, then what's the need to see a male one?

You can think it's "hilarious"; but it seems to me that you're trying hard to make yourself feel better for being subject to such experiences; that's the unfortunate consequence of when society's standards are lowered.

Perfectionist
02-25-2010, 09:03 AM
You know all this talk is bull**** when your childs life could potentially be in danger.

Please consider the importance of context, she is not having sex with the doctor neither I am sure under normal conditions would she have resort to it (I personally prefer a female gynecologist) but under certain conditions I would not refuse a male doctor. If my husband influened the decision in refusing to take treatement because of the doctors gender and my baby ended up dying, I will make sure I cut my husbands **** and feed it to him when I get out the hospital.

Nasha
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Nope, I just don't have a single bad feeling about seeing a male doctor. He's been there when I was born and he's been there ever since. Well him and his wife. And I trust these people and it'd never come to my mind to go see someone else because trusting a doctor takes a while sometimes. I'm in good hands, hamdulillah :)

Besides, let me tell you a story...

I went to the hospital last year, my tonsils were infected, I had very high fever and the first doctor to treat me there was an Arab. He called me to his room, looked at my name and asked if I was Muslim. That was his FIRST question. I was quite surprised because I just wanted to get my medication and that's it. I said yes.
This guy, with his beard and a "typical Arab" as I may want to call it, asking me all these things about my pain etc looks in my ear and the next thing he tells me is "your clothing is not so Muslim though eh?" pointing at my knee because my jeans was a little ripped (used jeans look). I felt embarassed.

I have to admit, I'm quite surprised how I can trust a "kafir" doctor a lot more in these 21 years than a Muslim doctor, who, if he agreed with you, could have just gotten me another doctor, ney? Why don't Muslim male doctors refuse to have female patients? Hmmm...pervs?

You can't just say this is wrong and that is right. There are all kinds of people on the planet. Besides, the way YOU found "solutions" to my examples is hilarious again, since that is impossible and you won't ever find out if these things happen or not. Happens in Germany quite often, every third Döner Kebaab is NOT Halal and has pork in it. Wohoo...

It's a matter of trust and common sense.

FatimaJaan
02-25-2010, 09:09 AM
You know all this talk is bull**** when your childs life could potentially be in danger.

Please consider the importance of context, she is not having sex with the doctor neither I am sure under normal conditions would she have resort to it (I personally prefer a female gynecologist) but under certain conditions I would not refuse a male doctor. If my husband influened the decision in refusing to take treatement because of the doctors gender and my baby ended up dying, I will make sure I cut my husbands **** and feed it to him when I get out the hospital.

If your husband is Muslim enough to know the rulings regarding gender relations, then I'm pretty sure he's Muslim enough to know them to an extent to know that this (denying treatment during emergency) would be not only working against Islam but common sense and morality as perceived by anyone with 2 ounces of decency. If not, then it's not Islam he's propogating/practicing but rather something else and should really seek treatment for those gaping insecurities and tendencies. Appealing to the dying babies emotion is kind of taking it to an unhelpful extreme.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
What I'm trying to remark is, doctors are doctors. No matter if Muslim or not, no matter if male or female, no matter what their intention is, they help people, even the biggest beghairat doctor took an oath.
I'm a Muslimah who believes that a person that does good on earth will not be punished by Allah swt. no matter if he's a Muslim or not.
I was trying to remark that your opinion clearly sucks and I doubt you're a person that can judge a humanbeing as a H-U-M-A-N-B-E-I-N-G, using your common sense.

The key point here is "Good" , and and how people perceive Good is different from What Good Is. Perceiving something as good holds no merit.

The opinion you think that "sucks" isn't the opinion I was endorsing; it was the Opinion you perceived me as endorsing. Not very common sensical

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 09:18 AM

Alright I will repeat myself because the clear message is hard for some people who are either people have a mediocre IQ or just plain stubborn to understand.

If there are NO competent female doctors available; then seeing a male doctor is acceptable. I don't see how the above described situation could apply here.

By the way you're showing aggression :)

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Nope, I just don't have a single bad feeling about seeing a male doctor. He's been there when I was born and he's been there ever since. Well him and his wife. And I trust these people and it'd never come to my mind to go see someone else because trusting a doctor takes a while sometimes. I'm in good hands, hamdulillah :)

Besides, let me tell you a story...

I went to the hospital last year, my tonsils were infected, I had very high fever and the first doctor to treat me there was an Arab. He called me to his room, looked at my name and asked if I was Muslim. That was his FIRST question. I was quite surprised because I just wanted to get my medication and that's it. I said yes.
This guy, with his beard and a "typical Arab" as I may want to call it, asking me all these things about my pain etc looks in my ear and the next thing he tells me is "your clothing is not so Muslim though eh?" pointing at my knee because my jeans was a little ripped (used jeans look). I felt embarassed.

I have to admit, I'm quite surprised how I can trust a "kafir" doctor a lot more in these 21 years than a Muslim doctor, who, if he agreed with you, could have just gotten me another doctor, ney? Why don't Muslim male doctors refuse to have female patients? Hmmm...pervs?

You can't just say this is wrong and that is right. There are all kinds of people on the planet. Besides, the way YOU found "solutions" to my examples is hilarious again, since that is impossible and you won't ever find out if these things happen or not. Happens in Germany quite often, every third Döner Kebaab is NOT Halal and has pork in it. Wohoo...

It's a matter of trust and common sense.

Society's standards have lowered; people don't have the sense of priorities they used to have. As for trusting a Muslim doctor over a Kafir doctor. that's another issue, going on a tangent. But it seems like the only reason you are trusting a Kafir is because the Muslim one called you out. Sounds like this is more based on your own personal feeling of guilt, rather than a real problem. Which leads me to my original statement, I'm sorry you've been taken advantage of, my condolences.

As for the solutions, you're not aware of something called Forensics.

FatimaJaan
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Society's standards have lowered; people don't have the sense of priorities they used to have. As for trusting a Muslim doctor over a Kafir doctor. that's another issue, going on a tangent. But it seems like the only reason you are trusting a Kafir is because the Muslim one called you out. Sounds like this is more based on your own personal feeling of guilt, rather than a real problem. Which leads me to my original statement, I'm sorry you've been taken advantage of, my condolences.

You should have stopped at the first response. Psycho analyzing Nasha and whether she's been taking advantage of is helpful how? You're only undermining yourself. Chiqa pur gufti.

On that note, don't even worry about the issue at hand, your significant other won't go to a male doctor...suicide isn't generally something people seek treatment for. :D

Perfectionist
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Alright I will repeat myself because the clear message is hard for some people who are either people have a mediocre IQ or just plain stubborn to understand.

If there are NO competent female doctors available; then seeing a male doctor is acceptable. I don't see how the above described situation could apply here.

By the way you're showing aggression :)

Thaumaturge, I wasnt addressing you.

I made a post based on my initial reaction upon reading the title of the thread. I remembered some personal incidences, with my twin brothers, and then the birth complication another close relative of my experienced, and me having heard the dicussion my own dad and uncles had on this very subject.

And yes you are right, I am showing aggression. I shouldnt be.
Specially that last sentence there... yeah... it could kind of make some men cross their legs. So yes... bad imagery.

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
if i have options to choose then why not pick a female doctor for sensitive issues?

i dont feel comfortable at alllllllll going to a male doctor... but if i have no option but to get treated by a male doctor then he is halaal in that case...
that's the view of Islam too.

why is everyone getting carried away by pointing out extreme cases, i.e. no option but to choose male doctor, emergency situations and what not...? the thread starter meant ur every day normal life doctors... would u give birth infront of a male doctor or have him check u internally if u have an option of picking a female doctor? simple as that...

in my case no i wouldnt.

Sarzameen
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
I get the feeling UrduSpeaker was on the wrong end of a Colonoscopy exam. I've yet to figure out the gender of the doctor tho.

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM

again... getting carried away... we are not talking about extreme cases... are we?

Sangria
02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
if i have options to choose then why not pick a female doctor for sensitive issues?

i dont feel comfortable at alllllllll going to a male doctor... but if i have no option but to get treated by a male doctor then he is halaal in that case...
that's the view of Islam too.

why is everyone getting carried away by pointing out extreme cases, i.e. no option but to choose male doctor, emergency situations and what not...? the thread starter meant ur every day normal life doctors... would u give birth infront of a male doctor or have him check u internally if u have an option of picking a female doctor? simple as that...

in my case no i wouldnt.

Feroza jan, his questions were:

"is it ok for muslim women go to male doctors? shouldn't they go female doctors only?

also if you're a husband, how would you feel your wife going to a male doctor?"

He is not asking what you would choose. He is asking if it is "ok"--the wording of the question makes it wrong for a female to go to a male doctor.

I agree with you when it comes to personal preference. Most women would prefer going to a female doctor anyways. Men doctors are not that good to begin with :).
However, it should not be even an issue otherwise. I may not know much, but I do know that doctors are mahram.

Perfectionist
02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
again... getting carried away... we are not talking about extreme cases... are we?

Yes, I was getting carried away, because I made a post based on initial impressions based on the title of the thread. (and by "all this talk is bull****") is reference to the convo I had heard between my uncle and dad. I wasnt actually addressing the original content.

but to answer the content of the thread, I dont see the difference between a female or male family physician. For me its more how comfortable I am with this ability as a professional doctor regardless of gender, but for some like under going child birth, I personally prefer a femal gynecologist, unless there were some sort of complications that would influence me to resort to a male gynecologist.

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2010, 09:53 AM
^Sangria: i see... u are right in this case, there is nothing wrong with it. doctors are mahram in case of not having options or if the male doctor has an advantage over any female doctors available...

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2010, 09:59 AM
I personally prefer a femal gynecologist, unless there were some sort of complications that would influence me to resort to a male gynecologist.

alot of women do prefer...

and as u stated in case of complications or any other necessity it is OK in Islam to get treated by male doctor.

awaleen farz e har insaan ameen ast ke jaan e khod ra nigah kona... there are punishments in Islam for not taking care of ur body. u have to take ALL possible measures to save urself and ur life... otherwise its considered Khod kushi or suicide which is Haram in Islam

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I will say that if there's a choice between a very good male doctor over a mediocre female doctor. Then they should choose the very good male doctor.

Nasha
02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Urduspeaker btw what's it to you? Why do guys even ask these questions?

Zubin
02-25-2010, 10:39 AM
He's taken up Dino's role here.

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
He's taken up Dino's role here.

do u think its a useless thread?

there are many cases of such cruelty against afghan women in afghanistan... where their husbands dont allow them to go male doctors, and due to shortage of female doctors in the region, many women suffer from different treatable ilnesses but end up dead...

Miss Adorable
02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
If I have the option then I would definitely go for a female. I feel like she is a women, she understands me and I can talk about all my health problems more openly,but if it is a life and death situation I would go to whichever doctors working at that time.

One example of when I would like a women is for physical checkups...you know when they check your breasts for breast cancer, and they have to feel your breasts for lumps, bumps, or down there for HIV etc and with a male doctor it can get veryy uncomfortable. so I would always go for a women if I have the option.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Urduspeaker btw what's it to you? Why do guys even ask these questions?

Some of us don't like our loved ones taken advantage of and exploited under the guise of "help".

Sangria
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Afghanistan is a different story. If people were lucky enough to live in a big city, especially Kabul, they would have access to doctors and maybe even female doctors. Most people in the city may not even care about having a male or female doctor and would take their women to any "good" doctor. Again, money got anyone access to best care. Because, even if the doctor was available--you would still have to buy all the medicines, IV's, supplies, etc. in order to keep someone in the hospital.

When it came to rural areas you had three things working against you: 1. lack of access to any medical care to begin with 2. No women healthcare professionals 3. Idiotic male psyche to not take the women outside the house let alone to any male for care. Women died from everything to minor burns to childbirth. My mother was a doctor in Kunduz for a few years. She recounts multiple times when some high ranking retarded official would come to their house in the middle of the night with a gun and demand that she go to their house to take care of their woman--My parents would refuse every time risking being killed. But, why should their namoos be so important for them not to take their woman outside their home but be ok for the female doctor to come to theirs? Absolute barbaric and hypocritical customs.

Then there is the wonderful land of Pakistan. I have lived in some of the most rural areas of Pakistan where the Pashtoonwali code is the law of the land. Women who probably barely graduated medical school would set up clinics there call themselves doctors and ROB those poor people of thousands of rupees because of this same concept. "If there is a female doctor available, then why go to the male one?" Well, because people have no souls and they take advantage of these exact situations. These female doctors would charge thousands more and would refuse care- due to lack of liability laws- if someone did not have the money.

We have the luxury here to pick and choose a doctor based on gender, race, ethnicity, language...for god's sake have a little common sense and thank your lucky stars.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Wouldn't that apply with male doctors too given the conditions you described? Granted I agree Afghanistan or poor Muslim countries with very few educational opportunities for women are a different situation. Well being always takes precedence and certain ideas of peoples social decorum have to take a back seat.

Zubin
02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
do u think its a useless thread?

there are many cases of such cruelty against afghan women in afghanistan... where their husbands dont allow them to go male doctors, and due to shortage of female doctors in the region, many women suffer from different treatable ilnesses but end up dead...

So what are you trying to say? That if this thread gets about a 100 posts with you contributing a few to it, its going to help the cause of the afghan women? And what makes you think I dont know the ground realities of it in AFG? There's nothing new in what you've said,everybody knows abt it. And seeing as how you,being in the west and spoilt for choices seem to prefer to consult the book to take a decision on whom to be diagonized by rather than go by reputation, it isnt a big surprise afghan men in rural areas let their women suffer rather than be treated by a male doctor.Because they are doing exactly the same thing.
The last thing the guy that started this thread had in mind is AFG.

Nasha
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Some of us don't like our loved ones taken advantage of and exploited under the guise of "help".

:D Yes I'm sure the doctor's always very very khappy when he can look at my throat

Forozan
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
So this one time ... my cousin and I go to this dentist ... a guy ... naw jawan ... and we had a third friend too ... so he does his check ups on my cousin and ... and then this third friend goes like ,"OOOOOO.... DID YOU SEE HOW HE WAS TRYING TO LEAN ON YOU? OOOO DID YOU SEE HOW HE WAS PULLING YOUR CHEEKS?"

So, yeah ... its pretty much fun going to a male doctor. They'll get to lean on you and pull your cheeks.

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2010, 11:36 AM
So what are you trying to say? That if this thread gets about a 100 posts with you contributing a few to it,its going to help the cause of the afghan women?

no and i dont think ANY of the threads created on ANY topic in this whole forum is going to serve any purpose. so what is ur point?

And what makes you think I dont know the ground realities of it in AFG?
because i dont know you ...?
so why r u getting offended?

. And seeing as how you,being in the west and spoilt for choices seem to prefer to consult the book on whom to be diagonized by rather than go by reputation, it isnt a big surprise afghan men in rural areas let their women suffer rather than be treated by a male doctor.Because they are doing exactly the same thing.

what?///?... what r u talkng about... consult the book... reputation... whose doing what?

The last thing the guy that started this thread had in mind is AFG.

well i didnt know u are a mind reader...

anyways, chillax... my post was not meant to be offensive... but i guess i can't decide for you how to feel about it.

Nasha
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM

NONONONO That was not my point! My point is why do MEN with the SAME point of view as YOU treat female patients? Why don't they mind treating a woman if it's sooooo wrong for their wives? You tell me and explain :)

AND I dont feel guilt :/ I just thought the guy was a creep and a bad doctor. You shouldn't care about people's race, religion etc.

When I had my tests taken on the swine flu the doctor treating me was Turkish and first thing HE did was tell me "I assume you're Afghan...Beshnaw az Nay choon Hekayat mekonad, az Judayeehaa shekayat mekonad". It has nothing to do with Kafir or no Kafir, all I'm saying is, out of experience I feel more comfortable with doctors from "here"
Doctors can be weird...lol

Ghezal_
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
All Obgyn's are nutcases. In Afghanistan, most women were driven to that field because there were no other option for them. In the US, even up to the late 80's, majority of ob gyns were men because it was a "surgical" field. Now OB GYN is filled with bitchy women and gay men.

My obstetrician took care of me with the birth of my 2 sons and a stillbirth. She was like an angel who was there when I needed her emotionally and of course made sure I was ok before and after my pregnancies.

please dont say like that.

Sangria
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
My obstetrician took care of me with the birth of my 2 sons and a stillbirth. She was like an angel who was there when I needed her emotionally and of course made sure I was ok before and after my pregnancies.

please dont say like that.

I am happy that you have a good doctor.
Good luck to you.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 12:05 PM
:D Yes I'm sure the doctor's always very very khappy when he can look at my throat

You're taking things way out of context, just as you did earlier.

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
NONONONO That was not my point! My point is why do MEN with the SAME point of view as YOU treat female patients? Why don't they mind treating a woman if it's sooooo wrong for their wives? You tell me and explain :)

AND I dont feel guilt :/ I just thought the guy was a creep and a bad doctor. You shouldn't care about people's race, religion etc.

When I had my tests taken on the swine flu the doctor treating me was Turkish and first thing HE did was tell me "I assume you're Afghan...Beshnaw az Nay choon Hekayat mekonad, az Judayeehaa shekayat mekonad". It has nothing to do with Kafir or no Kafir, all I'm saying is, out of experience I feel more comfortable with doctors from "here"
Doctors can be weird...lol

Based on your responses, I don't think you really know/comprehend what my point of view is, and it's not because of lacking clarity, as I made clear my position. You're on a defensive and reacting based on that defensive, because when you put things in a perspective of exploitation, a new aspect of reality becomes manifest, and I think it's one people are scared to address.

Like I said; it's because of lowered standards, social deterioration, corruption and more often compulsion by the bounds of legal codes regarding medical practice which would answer your question.

As for not feeling guilt; what reason do you have to base that he was a creep or a bad doctor other than calling you out? Not that I care but since that was the ONLY thing that came to your mind, then it's safe to conclude that guilt was the motive. You brought the race/religion of the doctor into this; it's a tangent you'll have to deal with.But one thing is for certain their sense of social deterioration has proven to be infectious

Nasha
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
You're taking things way out of context, just as you did earlier.

Yea...and doctors taking advantage of female patients isn't not way out of context...or common sense :D

Thaumaturge
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Yea...and doctors taking advantage of female patients isn't not way out of context...or common sense :D

How would that be taking things out of context?

Zubin
02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
So this one time ... my cousin and I go to this dentist ... a guy ... naw jawan ... and we had a third friend too ... so he does his check ups on my cousin and ... and then this third friend goes like ,"OOOOOO.... DID YOU SEE HOW HE WAS TRYING TO LEAN ON YOU? OOOO DID YOU SEE HOW HE WAS PULLING YOUR CHEEKS?"

So, yeah ... its pretty much fun going to a male doctor. They'll get to lean on you and pull your cheeks.

Haha..

Baba Sufi
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
A man who truly loves his wife, wants nothing but the very best for her. I don't give a hoot if my wife's doctor is female or male, I just want the best doc for her. The best is blind to gender.
In Afghanistan, the average woman's life expectancy is 43...
If I ever need some radical neck surgery I hope Fraulein Doktor Sangria would consider me as her patient!

Sangria
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Baba jan god forbid that.

Purple
02-25-2010, 02:38 PM
A man who truly loves his wife, wants nothing but the very best for her. I don't give a hoot if my wife's doctor is female or male, I just want the best doc for her. The best is blind to gender.
In Afghanistan, the average woman's life expectancy is 43...
If I ever need some radical neck surgery I hope Fraulein Doktor Sangria would consider me as her patient!

:( That's so sad

Baba Sufi
02-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Sangriajan, knowing you are there and you are for me is a comfort. He loves and He provides.

Sangria
02-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Sangriajan, knowing you are there and you are for me is a comfort. He loves and He provides.

:)
Shucks.

He does indeed. I am finding that out more and more these days.

Mr.Emal
03-11-2010, 07:37 AM
I would allow only communication, not touching

Sangria
03-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Here we go again.lol

Perfectionist
03-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I would allow only communication, not touching

Communication like eye to eye gazing?

Sangria
03-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Communication like eye to eye gazing?

or the doctor will communicate to him how to take out his wife's appendix.

Perfectionist
03-11-2010, 09:17 AM
or the doctor will communicate to him how to take out his wife's appendix.

:giggle:

Zubin
03-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Unless Megan Fox comes in asking for a check up, I dont think doctors feel like they're seeing anything new.

Like that friends episode where Rachel wants to date that doctor guy but he starts mentioning how he doesnt really get turned on by anything anymore because hes so sick of seeing the lower region of a female all day long, every day.

Sangria
03-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Let's turn this around?

What would you guys do if your wife is a doctor seeing all kinds of people and their parts all day every day?lol

Zubin
03-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Have a chaperone so she does not go berserk.

Sangria
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
good idea.
That's a great business idea.

Zubin's Chaperone Service: "We are there to watch over your wife."

Zubin
03-11-2010, 09:42 AM
^ Yeah, and another person to chaperone the chaperone. You know what i mean.
I mean,how do you know the person who's there to ensure there's no fun doesnt want to have fun...

Yeah...i'm that bored.

Sangria
03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Thinking of all possible ways to stop people from having fun.
I like that.
It shows insight.

Realist
03-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Let's turn this around?

What would you guys do if your wife is a doctor seeing all kinds of people and their parts all day every day?lol

Then she wouldnt be my wife.. ? haha

Perfectionist
03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Then she wouldnt be my wife.. ? haha

Lets be Real about it ; you couldnt get a wife like that regardless. haha

Realist
03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Lets be Real about it ; you couldnt get a wife like that regardless. haha

True true :)

I wouldnt either

Stardust
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
There are some really messed-up responses in this thread.

1. If you are a woman, and you are A-okay with a male doctor touching intimate parts of your body during regular visits, or when you could substitute with a female doctor, something is terribly wrong.
2. Anyone who states, "just get over it, tu kho bekhee pas-rafta asti", kindly keep your perverted opinions to yourself. Being roshan-fikr does not require one to do away with modesty.

There is a reason why there are so many OBGYN dirty-jokes out there.

You people are probably the ones that also believe a doctor, who's non-Muslim or Kafir or whatever, will go to hell.

What has that got to do with anything? How is it relevant to this discussion? You stated first-off that you are embarrassed when this topic comes up, and secondly that all your doctors are male. There is clearly a very valid reason why you are embarrassed, therefore you're projecting onto others by saying, "Well you're Muslim so you must be screwed up in the head for wanting to protect your modesty." Really? I'm a Muslim and proud of it, and secondly, you don't have to be a Muslim to realize something is causing you extreme discomfort and is simply inappropriate. Doctors place their hand on your chest to check your heartbeat, that's the very least of a checkup but it's enough to make a young, attractive woman feel like she needs to interact with someone she feels 100% comfortable with. Not worry about, "Hey man, is this dude trying to feel a little more than he's supposed to?"

To all the ladies, get a female doctor if you can...and if you live in North America, there are plenty VERY good ones to find.

Turschak
03-12-2010, 10:06 AM
i personally don't think it's wrong to go to a male doctor a lot of them are old anyway. my mom goes to a male internal medicine doc and a female ob/gyn. she really doesn't care if they're male or female, they just better be indian or chinese.

i trust Dr. Lin. he's like family. he has pictures of his wife and children in his office.

where i used to do rotations, guys always required a female chaperone for breast and gyn exams. i think we're confusing doctors with sexual predators. if anything, male doctors in the U.S are more attentive and are aware of these issues.

Elixir
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
i think we're confusing doctors with sexual predators. .

:D That's classic.

Stardust
03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
i personally don't think it's wrong to go to a male doctor a lot of them are old anyway. my mom goes to a male internal medicine doc and a female ob/gyn. she really doesn't care if they're male or female, they just better be indian or chinese.

i trust Dr. Lin. he's like family. he has pictures of his wife and children in his office.

where i used to do rotations, guys always required a female chaperone for breast and gyn exams. i think we're confusing doctors with sexual predators. if anything, male doctors in the U.S are more attentive and are aware of these issues.

I haven't written off all male doctors as sexual predators. If anyone is not 100% comfortable with a male doctor, then it's prudent to find a female one. Dr. Lin must obviously be attracted to women if he's got a wife and children, or are you confusing male doctors with eunuchs? If even the POSSIBILITY of being uncomfortable exists, then it's clearly a good idea to avoid the situation altogether and find a female physician.

if anything, male doctors in the U.S are more attentive and are aware of these issues.

Right, provide some facts and figures and we'll take it from there. Making a blanket statement does nothing for you, because I can easily also ask you, if male doctors are more "attentive" then why are female doctors so readily available to take in female patients? Some even take in solely female patients.

Anyway, diletaan harchi ke mekonen, makhsad besyaar rishkhandi sarey dega mardom kaden. I don't understand why people get written off as paranoid and pas-rafta when they decide to keep something that is personal and private, limited.

Edr!s
03-13-2010, 04:43 AM
okay another question;
What if the female doctor is lesbian?

lol

Hasib
03-13-2010, 04:51 AM
^ *alerts Rizwan mode *

lol

Edr!s
03-13-2010, 04:53 AM
thats not upto Rizwan's standards its to Urdo speaker's.
Agar rizwan mode mebod baz ma baresh yak thread jore mekardom :D

Hasib
03-13-2010, 05:04 AM
^ lollll

dinosaur khan
03-13-2010, 06:01 AM
strange but female patients dont consider female docters to be so good docter, so they prefer vistiting male docters.

Nasha
03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
1. If you are a woman, and you are A-okay with a male doctor touching intimate parts of your body during regular visits, or when you could substitute with a female doctor, something is terribly wrong.

That's not true. And that's final. It's quite easy for people who do the opposite to talk. It always is.

Purple
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
That's not true. And that's final. It's quite easy for people who do the opposite to talk. It always is.

:|

Are you saying what I think you are saying? Accusing her of doing the opposite of what she is saying?

Stardust
03-14-2010, 06:21 PM

:confused:

So if you had the choice between a female doctor and a male doctor, all things being equal, there's not something wrong if you choose the male one? What about modesty? Don't you feel uncomfortable being alone in a room with a man and having him touch your body? As for your comment about doing the opposite, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but my doctor is a woman (surprise!).

I'm not "talking about" you or anyone. I'm giving my opinion on a controversial topic within a public space.

Purple
03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
:confused:

So if you had the choice between a female doctor and a male doctor, all things being equal, there's not something wrong if you choose the male one? What about modesty? Don't you feel uncomfortable being alone in a room with a man and having him touch your body? As for your comment about doing the opposite, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but my doctor is a woman (surprise!).

I'm not "talking about" you or anyone. I'm giving my opinion on a controversial topic - you don't like it, don't read it.

Question- I don't mean this to offend anyone, but does Nasha have perks in this place? She got into a fight with Blood, but only Blood got banned. It takes two hands to clap.

I'm just making an observation :itsok:

Blood..
03-14-2010, 06:26 PM
^ remove that ugly picture from your signature.

Purple
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
^ remove that ugly picture from your signature.

:(

You shoo mean

You gotta first admit that it's cute ugly then I'll remove it :innocent:

Blood..
03-14-2010, 06:36 PM
it's disgusting. every time i look at it, i make a vow not to have any children for as long as i live.

Aaliyah
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
maybe you shouldn't have any children if you think of babies as disgusting :P

Purple
03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
it's disgusting. every time i look at it, i make a vow not to have any children for as long as i live.

Well, it's not like your children will be asians...geeez. But okay :cry: If you insist it's ugliness is that unbearable, I'll change it.

Blood..
03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
aliyah, may be i wont.

Purple
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
See, see, I changed it :D
And don't have babies, they are devils in disguise

Turschak
03-15-2010, 10:38 AM
I haven't written off all male doctors as sexual predators. If anyone is not 100% comfortable with a male doctor, then it's prudent to find a female one. Dr. Lin must obviously be attracted to women if he's got a wife and children, or are you confusing male doctors with eunuchs? If even the POSSIBILITY of being uncomfortable exists, then it's clearly a good idea to avoid the situation altogether and find a female physician.

Right, provide some facts and figures and we'll take it from there. Making a blanket statement does nothing for you, because I can easily also ask you, if male doctors are more "attentive" then why are female doctors so readily available to take in female patients? Some even take in solely female patients.

Anyway, diletaan harchi ke mekonen, makhsad besyaar rishkhandi sarey dega mardom kaden. I don't understand why people get written off as paranoid and pas-rafta when they decide to keep something that is personal and private, limited.

this was the original post:
"is it ok for muslim women go to male doctors? shouldn't they go female doctors only?

also if you're a husband, how would you feel your wife going to a male doctor? "

and i responded that yes, it's okay for a woman to go to a male doctor. my post wasn't targeted towards you, neither have i accused you of being pas rafta or paranoid. my point about dr. lin having pictures of his wife and children is that he's a family guy, he's committed to his wife and children. not that he's a eunuch. he's not going to get all giddy when he puts his stethoscope on a patient's chest. he's an old guy which might make a young, attractive female patient who values her comfort level choose him over the young attractive male doctor.

the great thing about north america, is that you have choices, and a doctor is never going to do something to make you feel uncomfortable. if you don't want to do an exam, you can simply refuse or go some where else.

i'm not making fun of anyone nor am i making judgements. do what makes you feel comfortable but try not think of women who go to male doctors as "weird or something terribly wrong with them".