Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Afghanistan Part of India? that's according to Indians?

Default Re: Was Afghanistan Part of India? that's according to Indians?

ya right.. what is next..Ahmad zahir and farhad darya their singers..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP AZ
    the Icon, Legend and the best best afghan singer

Quote Originally Posted by knockout_artist View Post
    What ever. Pishawer always was part of pakistan and it always would be.
    So was quetta.
    Really?
    "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!"

-Khushal Khan Khattak(National poet of Afghanistan)

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Really?
    So balochistan had these borders in 1893? This is actually a map by an american magazine that wanted to create new countries in the region but the only exception was israel which stayed the way it is even though there is a ticking palestinean biological bomb as said by Arafat there!

By the way, go talk to the british about that though they don't have any authority in South Asia to do so anymore. Pakistan was admitted in the UN as it in 1947 so that takes precedence over any past agreements between some king and the britishers. The NWFP also voted in a referendum to be in Pakistan so that is a double strike out!
    Last edited by Jasoos; 12-22-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoos View Post
    So balochistan had these borders in 1893? This is actually a map by an american magazine that wanted to create new countries in the region but the only exception was israel which stayed the way it is even though there is a ticking palestinean biological bomb as said by Arafat there!

By the way, go talk to the british about that though they don't have any authority in South Asia to do so anymore. Pakistan was admitted in the UN as it in 1947 so that takes precedence over any past agreements between some king and the britishers. The NWFP also voted in a referendum to be in Pakistan so that is a double strike out!
    American Magazine? I guess you have never been to streets of NWFP Perhabs you won't know unless you visit maps like these are all over the place.

voted in a referendum to be in Pakistan so that is a double strike out
    Thanks for the news but Facts still remains there was no referendum from Pashtuns, Votes from NWFP was only by Punjabis/Sarakis/Hindkos and Hazaras not from Pashtuns. There is no Pashtun who intially wanted to be part of Pakistan. Thanks for double strick.

Pashtunistan was and always be province of Afghanistan. Politically controlled by British, and now by the slave of British ISI , it has never been accepted by Afghans nor by 17-20 million Pashtuns of Pakistan.
    Last edited by Nick; 12-22-2009 at 07:14 PM.

btw off topic, what is the distance between islamabad and kabul? in that map its looks really close

I wanted to respond, But I saw that Nick has already put you in check.
    "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!"

if i was the leader of pakistan i would definatly make the map like that, no need to divide same people both sides of the border

Quote Originally Posted by UrduSpeaker View Post
    if i was the leader of pakistan i would definatly make the map like that, no need to divide same people both sides of the border
    Word.

Same people,same language,same culture,same tribes,was once the same country.

I wanted to respond, But I saw that Nick has already put you in check.
    Nick is himself delusional considering jews as his best friends than others. Perhaps he is one of those long lost members of the jewish tribe?

Btw, keep dreaming. Pashtuns didn't vote in the referendum! Stop being a nationalist and then you will be sane again like you have been before. Economic interests by themselves dictate even afghans wanting to come to pakistan.

You still haven't answered me that if the pakistani pathans want to merge with afghanistan, then why did your country fail in its massive invasions (pakistani army in the sixties actually had more pashtuns than now and even headed by pashtuns) with the Soviet might behind you? What about the eighties when the soviets were right in your country, shouldn't you have asked them?

Are you a punjabi or a pukhto since you said that you had relatives in lahore, right?

^ i am neither, my grandfather migrated to karachi from Delhi in 1942, he was a pure urdu speaker, infact his urdu was a really old pure style urdu, he was poet in delhi in his young age, he could speak four languages. Urdu, Punjabi, Dari and Arabic. I really wish i knew him better, i could have learned so much from him

he died when i was 10
    Last edited by UrduSpeaker; 12-23-2009 at 10:06 AM.

^ i am neither, my grandfather migrated to karachi from Delhi in 1942, he was a pure urdu speaker, infact his urdu was a really old pure style urdu, he was poet in delhi in his young age, he could speak four languages. Urdu, Punjabi, Dari and Arabic. I really wish i knew him better, i could have learned so much from him

he died when i was 10

Wow he preempted the partition!

I didn't know dari was also popular in india or perhaps it was just him? I know there are example like iqbal writing in farsi but as I have learned here, dari is quite different from farsi perhaps like how urdu and hindi script is different and I really can't understand the "pure" hindi they speak in indian channels that I have glimpsed at!
    Last edited by Jasoos; 12-23-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries

as far as i know dari was the official language of the moghul empire so it makes since for the poets and intilictuals of that era to be well versed in the language for obvious resons
    With others' sins you only remember that Allah is severe in punishment. But with your own sins you only remember that He is Oft-Forgiving.

http://abu-h-a.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AhmadH...22742637837976

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60383411@N06/

I didn't know dari was also popular in india or perhaps it was just him? I know there are example like iqbal writing in farsi but as I have learned here, dari is quite different from farsi perhaps like how urdu and hindi script is different and I really can't understand the "pure" hindi they speak in indian channels that I have glimpsed at! :lol;

Dari and Farsi are not different. In the written form they are the same and its only the dialects and accents which are different. Farsi was taught in Pakistani schools until 1973.

Hindi and Urdu are basically the same except Urdu has a few more Arabic and farsi words and Hindi has more Sanskrit and other words. They are both mutually intelligible. I don't know why Pakistanis try so hard to show urdu and hindi are different. When in fact they are almost one language.

Quote Originally Posted by UmarUmar View Post
    Dari and Farsi are not different. In the written form they are the same and its only the dialects and accents which are different. Farsi was taught in Pakistani schools until 1973.

Hindi and Urdu are basically the same except Urdu has a few more Arabic and farsi words and Hindi has more Sanskrit and other words. They are both mutually intelligible. I don't know why Pakistanis try so hard to show urdu and hindi are different. When in fact they are almost one language.
    I am not taking about the prepartition hindustantani which might be closer to urdu though i don't know about the script. Forget bollywood, but have you seen the hindi of star plus and sony? It is definitely not Urdu!
    The different script alone makes written communication harder so they aren't as close as they seem.

I didn't know dari was also popular in india or perhaps it was just him? I know there are example like iqbal writing in farsi but as I have learned here, dari is quite different from farsi perhaps like how urdu and hindi script is different and I really can't understand the "pure" hindi they speak in indian channels that I have glimpsed at! :lol;

not all but only people who use to practice poetry knew dari, thats why my grandfather knew it too. ofcourse 200-300 years ago Under mughal empire Dari was much more spoken in north india

Wouldn't farsi be more in tune with the mughals since humayun was in exile in Iran and his and akbar's wife I believe were from Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by UmarUmar View Post

Today's urdu and hindi are almost the same because it is hindustani. But urdu and sanskrit hindi are very different. Most Urdu speakers dont even understand a word of Sanskrit. Basically what happend was under Amir Khurso he combined Farsi/Dari and Hindawi(orginal language of north india) in the 12th century and thats how urdu was basically born, ofcourse with time Urdu has become less persianized. Today it is a unique language which not closer to Sanskrit nor that close to Farsi/Dari
    Last edited by UrduSpeaker; 12-23-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Wouldn't farsi be more in tune with the mughals since humayun was in exile in Iran and his and akbar's wife I believe were from Iran.
    well yeah its possible. Gotta do research on that. How much is Dari different from iranian farsi?