Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Muslim women and male doctors?

Default Re: Muslim women and male doctors?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    This is ridiculous, seriously I feel so embarassed when discussions like these come up, God...

My doctors are all males, here ya go, dont throw rocks at me please
    Your doctors were all male? Looks like you've been taken advantage of. My condolences, because THAT's embarrassing.
    Last edited by Thaumaturge; 02-25-2010 at 08:52 AM.

You people are probably the ones that also believe a doctor, who's non-Muslim or Kafir or whatever, will go to hell.
    What's the point that you're trying to make with that remark?

Nasha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thaumaturge View Post
    Your doctors were all males? Looks like you got taken advantage of. My condolences.
    They weren't. They are my doctors

Oh by the way, what if people selling Halal food are actually selling Haram? What if in the mosque some perv installs a cam in the ladies prayer room? What if the female doctors I go to are Lesbians?

You're hilarious. Because of people like you women all over the world won't get themselves treated by a doctor because he's a male.

Besides, you got your answer, Islam doesn't say no to that, period.

Nasha Guest

What's the point that you're trying to make with that remark?
    What I'm trying to remark is, doctors are doctors. No matter if Muslim or not, no matter if male or female, no matter what their intention is, they help people, even the biggest beghairat doctor took an oath.
    I'm a Muslimah who believes that a person that does good on earth will not be punished by Allah swt. no matter if he's a Muslim or not.
    I was trying to remark that your opinion clearly sucks and I doubt you're a person that can judge a humanbeing as a H-U-M-A-N-B-E-I-N-G, using your common sense.

Errr.

Personally, as a Muslim, do not feel comfortable going to a male doctor if it's a sensitive issue but obviously if I didn't have options I'd have to take what I can get. With the exception of my bouts of ear infection (wth, am I 10?!), I've always had the option of choosing.

Islamically, if there are such "options" then obviously you take the more reasonable one. If there are equally rated male and female doctors, go with female. However, if a male doctor will provide speedier service in necessity(emergency), better service (more qualified), cheaper service (financial restrictions) then going the male doctor route is permissible.

As for the Muslim doctor, since there is no exemption in the west it is obligatory for him/her to treat female/male patients because of legal necessity (darurah) (i.e. taking an oath).

Getting emotionally charged and bringing up extreme ends of situations are what make this topic sound retarded. Like "welll if your baby was dying" or "alll those people that died because of..."
    Avoiding treatment all together is stupid and not the issue at hand. No need to get all pissy oh you open minded folks you.
    Last edited by FatimaJaan; 02-25-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    Inspirational Msg# 2: Toghether we can all make Omarius feel Love

They weren't. They are my doctors

Oh by the way, what if people selling Halal food are actually selling Haram? What if in the mosque some perv installs a cam in the ladies prayer room? What if the female doctors I go to are Lesbians?

You're hilarious. Because of people like you women all over the world won't get themselves treated by a doctor because he's a male.

Besides, you got your answer, Islam doesn't say no to that, period.
    Well if people are selling harram food , then there are rules that ensure that their food is halal which if broken will be meted penalty If a perv installs a cam, then that should be investigated upon and removed and then that person should be prosecuted. If the female doctor is a lesbian, she still has intimate awareness of what other women go through.

Your claim doesn't apply; I never said women can't see a male doctor "ever"; I said that in the Absence of competent female doctors, then a male doctor is acceptable. So your claim doesn't apply. However if there is an abundance of competent female doctors, then what's the need to see a male one?

You can think it's "hilarious"; but it seems to me that you're trying hard to make yourself feel better for being subject to such experiences; that's the unfortunate consequence of when society's standards are lowered.

You know all this talk is bull**** when your childs life could potentially be in danger.

Please consider the importance of context, she is not having sex with the doctor neither I am sure under normal conditions would she have resort to it (I personally prefer a female gynecologist) but under certain conditions I would not refuse a male doctor. If my husband influened the decision in refusing to take treatement because of the doctors gender and my baby ended up dying, I will make sure I cut my husbands **** and feed it to him when I get out the hospital.

Nasha Guest

Nope, I just don't have a single bad feeling about seeing a male doctor. He's been there when I was born and he's been there ever since. Well him and his wife. And I trust these people and it'd never come to my mind to go see someone else because trusting a doctor takes a while sometimes. I'm in good hands, hamdulillah

Besides, let me tell you a story...

I went to the hospital last year, my tonsils were infected, I had very high fever and the first doctor to treat me there was an Arab. He called me to his room, looked at my name and asked if I was Muslim. That was his FIRST question. I was quite surprised because I just wanted to get my medication and that's it. I said yes.
    This guy, with his beard and a "typical Arab" as I may want to call it, asking me all these things about my pain etc looks in my ear and the next thing he tells me is "your clothing is not so Muslim though eh?" pointing at my knee because my jeans was a little ripped (used jeans look). I felt embarassed.

I have to admit, I'm quite surprised how I can trust a "kafir" doctor a lot more in these 21 years than a Muslim doctor, who, if he agreed with you, could have just gotten me another doctor, ney? Why don't Muslim male doctors refuse to have female patients? Hmmm...pervs?

You can't just say this is wrong and that is right. There are all kinds of people on the planet. Besides, the way YOU found "solutions" to my examples is hilarious again, since that is impossible and you won't ever find out if these things happen or not. Happens in Germany quite often, every third Döner Kebaab is NOT Halal and has pork in it. Wohoo...

It's a matter of trust and common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    You know all this talk is bull**** when your childs life could potentially be in danger.

Please consider the importance of context, she is not having sex with the doctor neither I am sure under normal conditions would she have resort to it (I personally prefer a female gynecologist) but under certain conditions I would not refuse a male doctor. If my husband influened the decision in refusing to take treatement because of the doctors gender and my baby ended up dying, I will make sure I cut my husbands **** and feed it to him when I get out the hospital.
    If your husband is Muslim enough to know the rulings regarding gender relations, then I'm pretty sure he's Muslim enough to know them to an extent to know that this (denying treatment during emergency) would be not only working against Islam but common sense and morality as perceived by anyone with 2 ounces of decency. If not, then it's not Islam he's propogating/practicing but rather something else and should really seek treatment for those gaping insecurities and tendencies. Appealing to the dying babies emotion is kind of taking it to an unhelpful extreme.
    Last edited by FatimaJaan; 02-25-2010 at 09:12 AM.

What I'm trying to remark is, doctors are doctors. No matter if Muslim or not, no matter if male or female, no matter what their intention is, they help people, even the biggest beghairat doctor took an oath.
    I'm a Muslimah who believes that a person that does good on earth will not be punished by Allah swt. no matter if he's a Muslim or not.
    I was trying to remark that your opinion clearly sucks and I doubt you're a person that can judge a humanbeing as a H-U-M-A-N-B-E-I-N-G, using your common sense.
    The key point here is "Good" , and and how people perceive Good is different from What Good Is. Perceiving something as good holds no merit.

The opinion you think that "sucks" isn't the opinion I was endorsing; it was the Opinion you perceived me as endorsing. Not very common sensical

Alright I will repeat myself because the clear message is hard for some people who are either people have a mediocre IQ or just plain stubborn to understand.

If there are NO competent female doctors available; then seeing a male doctor is acceptable. I don't see how the above described situation could apply here.

By the way you're showing aggression

Nope, I just don't have a single bad feeling about seeing a male doctor. He's been there when I was born and he's been there ever since. Well him and his wife. And I trust these people and it'd never come to my mind to go see someone else because trusting a doctor takes a while sometimes. I'm in good hands, hamdulillah

Besides, let me tell you a story...

I went to the hospital last year, my tonsils were infected, I had very high fever and the first doctor to treat me there was an Arab. He called me to his room, looked at my name and asked if I was Muslim. That was his FIRST question. I was quite surprised because I just wanted to get my medication and that's it. I said yes.
    This guy, with his beard and a "typical Arab" as I may want to call it, asking me all these things about my pain etc looks in my ear and the next thing he tells me is "your clothing is not so Muslim though eh?" pointing at my knee because my jeans was a little ripped (used jeans look). I felt embarassed.

I have to admit, I'm quite surprised how I can trust a "kafir" doctor a lot more in these 21 years than a Muslim doctor, who, if he agreed with you, could have just gotten me another doctor, ney? Why don't Muslim male doctors refuse to have female patients? Hmmm...pervs?

You can't just say this is wrong and that is right. There are all kinds of people on the planet. Besides, the way YOU found "solutions" to my examples is hilarious again, since that is impossible and you won't ever find out if these things happen or not. Happens in Germany quite often, every third Döner Kebaab is NOT Halal and has pork in it. Wohoo...

It's a matter of trust and common sense.

Society's standards have lowered; people don't have the sense of priorities they used to have. As for trusting a Muslim doctor over a Kafir doctor. that's another issue, going on a tangent. But it seems like the only reason you are trusting a Kafir is because the Muslim one called you out. Sounds like this is more based on your own personal feeling of guilt, rather than a real problem. Which leads me to my original statement, I'm sorry you've been taken advantage of, my condolences.

As for the solutions, you're not aware of something called Forensics.
    Last edited by Thaumaturge; 02-25-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Society's standards have lowered; people don't have the sense of priorities they used to have. As for trusting a Muslim doctor over a Kafir doctor. that's another issue, going on a tangent. But it seems like the only reason you are trusting a Kafir is because the Muslim one called you out. Sounds like this is more based on your own personal feeling of guilt, rather than a real problem. Which leads me to my original statement, I'm sorry you've been taken advantage of, my condolences.

As for the solutions, you're not aware of something called Forensics.
    You should have stopped at the first response. Psycho analyzing Nasha and whether she's been taking advantage of is helpful how? You're only undermining yourself. Chiqa pur gufti.

On that note, don't even worry about the issue at hand, your significant other won't go to a male doctor...suicide isn't generally something people seek treatment for.

Alright I will repeat myself because the clear message is hard for some people who are either people have a mediocre IQ or just plain stubborn to understand.

If there are NO competent female doctors available; then seeing a male doctor is acceptable. I don't see how the above described situation could apply here.

By the way you're showing aggression
    Thaumaturge, I wasnt addressing you.

I made a post based on my initial reaction upon reading the title of the thread. I remembered some personal incidences, with my twin brothers, and then the birth complication another close relative of my experienced, and me having heard the dicussion my own dad and uncles had on this very subject.

And yes you are right, I am showing aggression. I shouldnt be.
    Specially that last sentence there... yeah... it could kind of make some men cross their legs. So yes... bad imagery.

if i have options to choose then why not pick a female doctor for sensitive issues?

i dont feel comfortable at alllllllll going to a male doctor... but if i have no option but to get treated by a male doctor then he is halaal in that case...
    that's the view of Islam too.

why is everyone getting carried away by pointing out extreme cases, i.e. no option but to choose male doctor, emergency situations and what not...? the thread starter meant ur every day normal life doctors... would u give birth infront of a male doctor or have him check u internally if u have an option of picking a female doctor? simple as that...

in my case no i wouldnt.

Pakhto me Laila, za ye Majnoon yam

Allah se Kare Door To Ta'leem bhi Fitna
    Imlaak bhi, Awlad Bhi, Jageer bhi Fitna
    Na Haq ke Liye Uthe to Shamsheer Bhi Fitna
    Shamsheer kia Na'ra ye Takbeer Bhi Fitna!

Blog Entries

I get the feeling UrduSpeaker was on the wrong end of a Colonoscopy exam. I've yet to figure out the gender of the doctor tho.

again... getting carried away... we are not talking about extreme cases... are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Feroza_Banu View Post
    if i have options to choose then why not pick a female doctor for sensitive issues?

i dont feel comfortable at alllllllll going to a male doctor... but if i have no option but to get treated by a male doctor then he is halaal in that case...
    that's the view of Islam too.

why is everyone getting carried away by pointing out extreme cases, i.e. no option but to choose male doctor, emergency situations and what not...? the thread starter meant ur every day normal life doctors... would u give birth infront of a male doctor or have him check u internally if u have an option of picking a female doctor? simple as that...

in my case no i wouldnt.
    Feroza jan, his questions were:

"is it ok for muslim women go to male doctors? shouldn't they go female doctors only?

also if you're a husband, how would you feel your wife going to a male doctor?"

He is not asking what you would choose. He is asking if it is "ok"--the wording of the question makes it wrong for a female to go to a male doctor.

I agree with you when it comes to personal preference. Most women would prefer going to a female doctor anyways. Men doctors are not that good to begin with .
    However, it should not be even an issue otherwise. I may not know much, but I do know that doctors are mahram.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroza_Banu View Post
    again... getting carried away... we are not talking about extreme cases... are we?
    Yes, I was getting carried away, because I made a post based on initial impressions based on the title of the thread. (and by "all this talk is bull****") is reference to the convo I had heard between my uncle and dad. I wasnt actually addressing the original content.

but to answer the content of the thread, I dont see the difference between a female or male family physician. For me its more how comfortable I am with this ability as a professional doctor regardless of gender, but for some like under going child birth, I personally prefer a femal gynecologist, unless there were some sort of complications that would influence me to resort to a male gynecologist.

^Sangria: i see... u are right in this case, there is nothing wrong with it. doctors are mahram in case of not having options or if the male doctor has an advantage over any female doctors available...