Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Kapoor Family background?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Kapoor Family background?

    Kapoor family hails from Peshawar, to this day i am confused about their back ground. What ethnic group do they belong too? They call themselves hindu pathans, does that mean they are ethinically pashtun/pathan or not? is there such a thing as hindu pashtun? These are there pictures:

    prithviraj kapoor, first kapoor in bollywood



    Raj Kapoor:



    Shammi Kapoor:



    Shashi kapoor:



    Rishi Kapoor



    Sanjana Kapoor:



    Karishma kapoor



    Kareena Kapoor:

    Last edited by UrduSpeaker; 03-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,420
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    I know a guy from Logar who looks just like Shammi Kapoor did when he was very young.
    does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    in this interview shammi kapoor calls himself hindu pathan/pashtun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmBaq3FK3Y

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The roof-top.
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?



    You forgot Ranbir Kapoor .

  5. #5
    Guest___ Guest

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by CatOnHotBricks View Post

    You forgot Ranbir Kapoor .
    And Kunal Kapoor

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The roof-top.
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    He's related to the Kapoors? I didnt know that. =O


    Man they're pretty much a good-looking family. Talented too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,797

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,172
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    ^lolll

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Is Anil Kapoor also related to This Kapoor Family??
    BeesYaar Preshaanam...Dar Gusha-Ye Tanhaa-Ye
    Aii GerYaa Kujaa Rafte...Deer-Est Na MeYaa-Ye
    Taa IshQ DuchaRam ShuD..En Chara Ba Man BakhSheeD
    DewaNaGi o MaasTi..BaadNaami O RaSwaa-Ye

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shangri-La
    Posts
    10,040
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by UrduSpeaker View Post
    Kapoor family hails from Peshawar, to this day i am confused about their back ground. What ethnic group do they belong too? They call themselves hindu pathans, does that mean they are ethinically pashtun/pathan or not? is there such a thing as hindu pashtun? These are there pictures:
    Wow. Really?! Wow.

    If this is your concern, man, Pakistan ke Eid ko toh char nahi hazar chand lag jayenge.

    They are from Punjab
    ...murmle...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,439
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Not that I care
    Thank God for Wikipedia

    Prithviraj was born on 3 November 1906 at Samundri[2] near the town of Lyallpur (now known as Faisalabad in Pakistan) to a middle-class family of Punjabi Khatri origin. Prithviraj could speak Punjabi, Hindi and Hindko.[3]

    His father, Dewan Basheswarnath Singh Kapoor, was a sub-inspector of police. Prithviraj received his initial education at Khalsa College Lyallpur and at Lahore. His paternal grandfather, Dewan Keshavmal, was a powerful influence during his childhood. Baseshwarnath was posted at Peshawar, and so Prithviraj received his higher education at the Edwardes College, Peshawar, Pakistan and joined a one year program in Law to become a Lawyer. It was here that his talents on stage first received expression. Prithviraj's son Shammi recollects[2] that Prof. Jai Dayal, a member of the faculty, was instrumental in nurturing his talent. The professor was in love with an English lady by name Nora Richard, who in turn was a theatre aficionado with a passion for Shakespeare and Ibsen. The couple found Prithviraj the perfect material for many roles in the plays they mounted. This was his grounding in the art of the theatre.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dromomaniac.
    Posts
    1,960

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
    lmao i love your pictures!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,641
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Kha, no bia...?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,491

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    no Kapoor is a Punjabi name, they're Hindus from Punjab that settled in Peshawar

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,491

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Originally hailing from the city of Samundri, District Lyallpur, Punjab of Hindu Khatri origin, five generations of the Kapoor family have acted, directed or produced in the Bollywood industry, starting from Dewan Basheswarnath Kapoor right down to Ranbir Kapoor. It was founded by actor Prithviraj Kapoor, whose eldest son Raj Kapoor became a superstar in the Hindi film industry, and his two other sons (Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor) became stars in their own right. Most members of the family have either acted in, produced or directed films, and have had a major impact on Indian films.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,491

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_rain View Post
    Not that I care
    Thank God for Wikipedia

    Prithviraj was born on 3 November 1906 at Samundri[2] near the town of Lyallpur (now known as Faisalabad in Pakistan) to a middle-class family of Punjabi Khatri origin. Prithviraj could speak Punjabi, Hindi and Hindko.[3]

    His father, Dewan Basheswarnath Singh Kapoor, was a sub-inspector of police. Prithviraj received his initial education at Khalsa College Lyallpur and at Lahore. His paternal grandfather, Dewan Keshavmal, was a powerful influence during his childhood. Baseshwarnath was posted at Peshawar, and so Prithviraj received his higher education at the Edwardes College, Peshawar, Pakistan and joined a one year program in Law to become a Lawyer. It was here that his talents on stage first received expression. Prithviraj's son Shammi recollects[2] that Prof. Jai Dayal, a member of the faculty, was instrumental in nurturing his talent. The professor was in love with an English lady by name Nora Richard, who in turn was a theatre aficionado with a passion for Shakespeare and Ibsen. The couple found Prithviraj the perfect material for many roles in the plays they mounted. This was his grounding in the art of the theatre.


    jerk, posting before me to make me look bad; shame on thee

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,278

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweety View Post
    kha, no bia...?
    :d!
    Comedy is very much alive, as are homeless people.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    i never knew they were punjabi, i always thought they were hindko or something, i remember a very old interview of Raj Kapoor where he said he can speak pashto and hindko.

    btw Khatri castes are originally from kashmir and northern part of the subcontinent.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by NooR View Post
    Is Anil Kapoor also related to This Kapoor Family??
    I think anil kapoor is a very far relative of raj kapoor's family

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,439
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

    Quote Originally Posted by UrduSpeaker View Post
    i never knew they were punjabi, i always thought they were hindko or something, i remember a very old interview of Raj Kapoor where he said he can speak pashto and hindko.

    btw Khatri castes are originally from kashmir and northern part of the subcontinent.
    It's called googling a claim before actually make it. You'd save yourself the bombardment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Afghan Music  |  Afghan Videos  |  Afghan TV  |  Afghan Radio  |  Afghan Chat  |  Afghan Lyrics  |  Vancouver Printing Company  |  Afghan MP3  |  Afghan Music Videos