Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kapoor Family background?

Default Kapoor Family background?

Kapoor family hails from Peshawar, to this day i am confused about their back ground. What ethnic group do they belong too? They call themselves hindu pathans, does that mean they are ethinically pashtun/pathan or not? is there such a thing as hindu pashtun? These are there pictures:

prithviraj kapoor, first kapoor in bollywood

Raj Kapoor:

Shammi Kapoor:

Shashi kapoor:

Rishi Kapoor

Sanjana Kapoor:

Karishma kapoor

Kareena Kapoor:

Last edited by UrduSpeaker; 03-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kapoor Family background?

I know a guy from Logar who looks just like Shammi Kapoor did when he was very young.
    does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?

in this interview shammi kapoor calls himself hindu pathan/pashtun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmBaq3FK3Y

You forgot Ranbir Kapoor .

Guest___ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CatOnHotBricks View Post

You forgot Ranbir Kapoor .
    And Kunal Kapoor

He's related to the Kapoors? I didnt know that. =O

Man they're pretty much a good-looking family. Talented too.

Blog Entries

^lolll

Is Anil Kapoor also related to This Kapoor Family??
    BeesYaar Preshaanam...Dar Gusha-Ye Tanhaa-Ye
    Aii GerYaa Kujaa Rafte...Deer-Est Na MeYaa-Ye
    Taa IshQ DuchaRam ShuD..En Chara Ba Man BakhSheeD
    DewaNaGi o MaasTi..BaadNaami O RaSwaa-Ye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UrduSpeaker View Post
    Kapoor family hails from Peshawar, to this day i am confused about their back ground. What ethnic group do they belong too? They call themselves hindu pathans, does that mean they are ethinically pashtun/pathan or not? is there such a thing as hindu pashtun? These are there pictures:
    Wow. Really?! Wow.

If this is your concern, man, Pakistan ke Eid ko toh char nahi hazar chand lag jayenge.

They are from Punjab
    ...murmle...

Blog Entries

Not that I care
    Thank God for Wikipedia

Prithviraj was born on 3 November 1906 at Samundri[2] near the town of Lyallpur (now known as Faisalabad in Pakistan) to a middle-class family of Punjabi Khatri origin. Prithviraj could speak Punjabi, Hindi and Hindko.[3]

His father, Dewan Basheswarnath Singh Kapoor, was a sub-inspector of police. Prithviraj received his initial education at Khalsa College Lyallpur and at Lahore. His paternal grandfather, Dewan Keshavmal, was a powerful influence during his childhood. Baseshwarnath was posted at Peshawar, and so Prithviraj received his higher education at the Edwardes College, Peshawar, Pakistan and joined a one year program in Law to become a Lawyer. It was here that his talents on stage first received expression. Prithviraj's son Shammi recollects[2] that Prof. Jai Dayal, a member of the faculty, was instrumental in nurturing his talent. The professor was in love with an English lady by name Nora Richard, who in turn was a theatre aficionado with a passion for Shakespeare and Ibsen. The couple found Prithviraj the perfect material for many roles in the plays they mounted. This was his grounding in the art of the theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
    lmao i love your pictures!

Blog Entries

Kha, no bia...?

no Kapoor is a Punjabi name, they're Hindus from Punjab that settled in Peshawar

Originally hailing from the city of Samundri, District Lyallpur, Punjab of Hindu Khatri origin, five generations of the Kapoor family have acted, directed or produced in the Bollywood industry, starting from Dewan Basheswarnath Kapoor right down to Ranbir Kapoor. It was founded by actor Prithviraj Kapoor, whose eldest son Raj Kapoor became a superstar in the Hindi film industry, and his two other sons (Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor) became stars in their own right. Most members of the family have either acted in, produced or directed films, and have had a major impact on Indian films.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_rain View Post
    Not that I care
    Thank God for Wikipedia

Prithviraj was born on 3 November 1906 at Samundri[2] near the town of Lyallpur (now known as Faisalabad in Pakistan) to a middle-class family of Punjabi Khatri origin. Prithviraj could speak Punjabi, Hindi and Hindko.[3]

His father, Dewan Basheswarnath Singh Kapoor, was a sub-inspector of police. Prithviraj received his initial education at Khalsa College Lyallpur and at Lahore. His paternal grandfather, Dewan Keshavmal, was a powerful influence during his childhood. Baseshwarnath was posted at Peshawar, and so Prithviraj received his higher education at the Edwardes College, Peshawar, Pakistan and joined a one year program in Law to become a Lawyer. It was here that his talents on stage first received expression. Prithviraj's son Shammi recollects[2] that Prof. Jai Dayal, a member of the faculty, was instrumental in nurturing his talent. The professor was in love with an English lady by name Nora Richard, who in turn was a theatre aficionado with a passion for Shakespeare and Ibsen. The couple found Prithviraj the perfect material for many roles in the plays they mounted. This was his grounding in the art of the theatre.

jerk, posting before me to make me look bad; shame on thee

Quote Originally Posted by sweety View Post
    kha, no bia...?
    :d!
    Comedy is very much alive, as are homeless people.

i never knew they were punjabi, i always thought they were hindko or something, i remember a very old interview of Raj Kapoor where he said he can speak pashto and hindko.

btw Khatri castes are originally from kashmir and northern part of the subcontinent.

Quote Originally Posted by NooR View Post
    Is Anil Kapoor also related to This Kapoor Family??
    I think anil kapoor is a very far relative of raj kapoor's family

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UrduSpeaker View Post
    i never knew they were punjabi, i always thought they were hindko or something, i remember a very old interview of Raj Kapoor where he said he can speak pashto and hindko.

btw Khatri castes are originally from kashmir and northern part of the subcontinent.
    It's called googling a claim before actually make it. You'd save yourself the bombardment.