Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-Alcoholic Beer

Blog Entries

Default Non-Alcoholic Beer

I don't get it .... why have one?

like.. is it cuz it says "beer" .. does it make it more enjoyable knowing its non alcoholic?

You can pop a can of pepsi or soda..for the sake of it..

Default Re: Non-Alcoholic Beer

That beer is good for kiddnies.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2404316099_1803750f57.jpg?v=0

Blog Entries

I don't think there is such thing as NO alcohol in beers or any drinks. What they do is try to take out the alcohol in the drink as much as possible and leaving maybe about .5% in it.
    There are "virgin drinks" (e.g.; a replica of a martini without the vodka) but no non-alcoholic drinks.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-15-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

I remember in iran they sold it, so i guess it is ok.
    PS:It taste awful!

Blog Entries

it just makes you look like a rebel. that's all folks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I don't think there is such thing as NO alcohol in beers or any drinks. What they do is try to take out the alcohol in the drink as much as possible and leaving maybe about .5% in it.
    There are "virgin drinks" (e.g.; a replica of a martini without the vodka) but no non-alcoholic drinks.
    hmmmm...

They say its good for the kidneys. I remember trying it in pakistan, it had such a weird taste to it. It was known as aowb e jaow.
    Aab dar koza o man tashna laban megardam
    Yarem da khana o man gerd e jahan megardam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Degree View Post
    They say its good for the kidneys. I remember trying it in pakistan, it had such a weird taste to it. It was known as aowb e jaow.
    Regular or Alcohol free? Aabjow is what they called regular beer in Iran, after the revolution they started making
    alchohol free beer, but they called it something else not aabjow. I cant remember what it is now.

Blog Entries

^jai chow possibly?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Degree View Post
    i saw this

Blog Entries

wait i dont know what i'm talking about. ignore.

Jilkay chupp kaarrr!

Toxic i don't know what it was called. I regretted buying it because it was like 15 rupees.. i could've bought 15 mantu's with that.
    Aab dar koza o man tashna laban megardam
    Yarem da khana o man gerd e jahan megardam

its barley water basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    +1

A lot of people fail to read the fine print on non-alcoholic beer that usually says "less than 5% Alcohol"
    Inspirational Msg# 2: Toghether we can all make Omarius feel Love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FatimaJaan View Post
    +1

A lot of people fail to read the fine print on non-alcoholic beer that usually says "less than 5% Alcohol"
    wat about the ones that says 0.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    wat about the ones that says 0.0%
    I'd research it. If it's through the process Athena jaan described, then there will always be a miniscule amount of alcohol left over. If it's just some faux product that's never had any alcohol introduced to it, then it's safe (although it looks like shaash, smells like poo, and probably tastes like ear wax)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FatimaJaan View Post
    I'd research it. If it's through the process Athena jaan described, then there will always be a miniscule amount of alcohol left over. If it's just some faux product that's never had any alcohol introduced to it, then it's safe (although it looks like shaash, smells like poo, and probably tastes like ear wax)
    ewww lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzameen View Post
    Regular or Alcohol free? Aabjow is what they called regular beer in Iran, after the revolution they started making
    alchohol free beer, but they called it something else not aabjow. I cant remember what it is now.
    it is called maoshaeer

If you eat an apple now, there will be 0.01% alcohol in your stomach. LOL it doesn't work like that; staying your whole life 100% alcohol free.

In Iran those non-alcoholic are VERY popular. Estak. Apple flavoured, cherry, aab jaow etc. Why should you drink a drink with 0.01% or less alcohol? I don't know. I don't find it untasty. It makes you thirsty but it's not bad.

You guys come up with the most odd-ball things in these alcohol threads I swear. That's like saying, well it used to be a grain, chug it down . In that case, the apple's fermentation occurs after it's already been eaten.. Alcohol is considered najis (filthy/impure)-this is established through shariah, if it comes in contact with anything pure, that pure substance is then filthy.

Chemical composition does not concern us. What concerns us is, Is the non Alcoholic beer a liquid intoxicant? If so, then it is filth. In this case it is not a liquid intoxicant , so you move on to the next ruling--> If not a liquid intoxicant, then we then ask the Question, Did the substance in Question come into contact with filth? Yes, small quanitities of Alcohol (because again-Alcohol as been established as filth) If so, then it is filthy.

The same follows with pork, urine, feces, etc -anything considered filthy. In minuscule quantities none of these are 'harmful', 'intoxicating', or anything you can use to justify refraining from large quantities. But they have been prohibited, they have been deemed impure/najis/filthy and that is why we avoid them, big or small.

----

Before someone brings up rubbing alcohol or something weird like that again because that seems to be the trend, synthetic alcohol is not najis.