Thread: Explanation of couple Sahih Hadith from Muslim and Bukhari

Default Explanation of couple Sahih Hadith from Muslim and Bukhari

Salaam Aleykom,

We all know that the Holy Quraan is not enough for us to practise Islaam correctly. We need the Sunnah of the prophet saws.

His (saws) sunnah is described in Sahih collections of Muslim and Bukhari. Sahih means every single sentence is truth and not fabricated like other collections. Numerous scholars gave a 'green' label to it: it's perfect and no lies at all.

Since couple months I am reading ahadith from the Sahih collection and I have found couple strange hadith.

I have discussed this with couple friends. The outcome: wallahu ahlem or 'you should see the hadith in his context / every hadith has hiw own shar'.

I understand that a book like the Holy Qur'aan needs his tafseer to understand rightly. If you just read the English translation, you will get more questions than answers.

But why do have simple ahadith also their own 'tafseer'. For me, those tafseers are not more than flee from shyness.

These are the ahadith who are unclear for me. I hope a brother (Mujeeb?) or sister can help me (and tons of other believers) to understand these.

A big side note: In my opinion the Prohpet himself does have not anything to do with this. Sahaba maybe misinterpreted his words / deeds. So don't blame me that I criticise our beloved Prophet. I only put question marks behind couple revelations of sahabi like Abu Hurayrah.

====

ahadith from Sahih Muslim:

Book 004, Number 1032:

Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.
    Is it me or are woman like black evil dogs? :S

Book 030, Number 5839:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The crying of the child (starts) when the satan begins to prick him.
    I beg your pardon?

Book 037, Number 6666:
    Abu Burda reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: No Muslim would die but Allah would admit in his stead a Jew or a Christian in Hell-Fire. 'Umar b. Abd al-'Aziz took an oath: By One besides Whom there is no god but He, thrice that his father had narrated that to him from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).
    So if a pious Muslim dies right now, a ahl-Kitaab human being goes to Hell?

Book 042, Number 7130:
    The son of Abu Said al-Khudri reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When one of you yawns, he should keep his mouth shut with the help of his hand, for it is the devil that enters therein.

Satan is very busy during college lectures...
    Last edited by Amir-e Panj; 03-19-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Default Re: Explanation of couple Sahih Hadith from Muslim and Bukhari

ahadith from Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 116:
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
    Once the Prophet led us in the 'Isha' prayer during the last days of his life and after finishing it (the prayer) (with Taslim) he said: "Do you realize (the importance of) this night?" Nobody present on the surface of the earth tonight will be living after the completion of one hundred years from this night."
    We are more than 1400 years away from that night.

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:
    Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
    Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
    Poor deficient woman. Our mothers, sisters... : (

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 460:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:
    Allah's Apostle said, "If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relation) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning."
    There are couple married brothers here. If you want to have intercourse and your wife has headache, hence she rather wants to sleep to recover from ilness....

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 509:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:
    The Prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."

--

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 516:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:
    The Prophet said, "If anyone of you rouses from sleep and performs the ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out thrice, because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night."
    --

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 547:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
    The Prophet said, "But for the Israelis, meat would not decay and but for Eve, wives would never betray their husbands."
    Because of Eve do women cheat?

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 30:
    Narrated Abdullah bin 'Umar:
    Allah's Apostle said, "Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.'
    --

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:
    Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease."
    Hoping it's not a malaria bug.

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 219:
    Narrated Abu Bakra:
    During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."
    They cannot drive a car, that's true.

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:
    Narrated Anas bin Malik:
    Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
    ---

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s:
    Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:
    We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?"
    ……

They will reply, 'We used to worship Messiah, the son of Allah.' It will be said, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What: do you want (now)?' They will say, 'We want You to provide us with water.' It will be said to them, 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). When there remain only those who used to worship Allah (Alone), both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, it will be said to them, 'What keeps you here when all the people have gone?' They will say, 'We parted with them (in the world) when we were in greater need of them than we are today, we heard the call of one proclaiming, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship,' and now we are waiting for our Lord.' Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say, 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?' They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation. These people will try to prostrate but their backs will be rigid like one piece of a wood (and they will not be able to prostrate). Then the bridge will be laid across Hell." We, the companions of the Prophet said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the bridge?'
    Allaah sunhana wa ta'ala shows his 'face' = Shin, during yawmul qiyama?
    Last edited by Amir-e Panj; 03-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.

. up .

Most of these have very specific contexts. I dont have time right now, but when I get on to a computer . I'll explain a couple I am familiar with.
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera

Salaam,

not everyones's job to rectify the above mentioned Hadiths, requirs high scholarship and authorization.
    "I lowered my gaze, but I did not bow my head, perhaps even in love I was going to stay an Afghan"

Abdull Rahman Baba

Book 030, Number 5839: This is related to the Hadith that whenever a child is born Satan touches him/her, except for Jesus. So when Satan touches their back, the newborn starts crying.

Book 042, Number 7130: Yawning is sign of laziness and lack of sleep/rest. Avoid yawning by getting enough sleep, staying sharp and interested in your studies.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 116: You have to prove that one person from among living on the surface of the earth that night, lived after 100 years. Then you will have a case against his Hadith.

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301: This is relevent to those women who were present and those who are how the HAdith describe them, ie You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. As for the number of witness, this a big debate that you need to follow with your local Imam.

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 460: A married Muslim women knows her duties, unless she has a valid reason for not having sex, she must not neglect her husband. An illness is a valid reason.

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 30: Aysha (RA) reported the same hadith that the prophet said woe to Israilites who believe (and then the rest of the hadith). She also said in her narration that Abu Huraira only caught the second part of the hadith.

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 219: The story of Belqis is definitely in contrast with this Hadith if you take the Hadith as a general rule, however in case of Persian empire when this was said, it was very befitting.

It is not such a great idea to read Ahadith without knowing the surrounding context of them. That is why they always say you should not learn Bukhari or other books of Ahadith without a teacher or a book that has extensive commentary. Although theses are lessons for us, but they were said 1400 years ago, and the metaphors and examples may not suit the current day and age.
    Last edited by SheikhThingsUp; 04-11-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera