Thread: Mawlana Faizani

Blog Entries

Default Mawlana Faizani

So what are you thoughts about him, how many of you guys have studied his work and would you recommend him to other people?
    من اینجا بس دلم تنگ است!
    و هر سازی که می بینم بد آهنگ است.
    بیا ره توشه برداریم
    قدم در راه بی برگشت بُگذاریم
    ببینیم آسمانِ هر کجا، آیا همین رنگ است؟

Default Re: Mawlana Faizani

All I know is that he travelled the islamic world, rightfully criticised everyone, was imprisoned by daoud khan, tortured in prison (electrocuted, whipped, teeth crushed, beard pulled out one hair at a time), continuing to write books in prison and finally being killed by the khalqis when they came to power.
    Last edited by DibenzalAcetone; 05-21-2011 at 03:14 PM.

I haven't read any of his work personally but have heard nothing but good about him.
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera

Blog Entries

and me I have never heard of him : ( sori but wouldn't mind knowing about him- pls share
    "What we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all of our tomorrows."
    "Oh Allah, I have been very cruel to myself (by ignoring my duty to you) and there is no one who can forgive the sins except You. So forgive me because You are the only forgiver and have mercy on me. Verily You are The Forgiver and The Merciful."

Blog Entries

thanks guys, a friend of mine have send me an email and asked me to read it. I will upload it soon
    من اینجا بس دلم تنگ است!
    بیا ره توشه برداریم

There is a website for him. Get the link from wikipedia article.
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera

Blog Entries

I visited the Wikipedia article:

After a spiritual incident at the end of his ascetic practices, he began wandering again and wound up in Mazari Sharif. Upon arriving in the city, Mawlana Faizani was overcome by the overt materialism of the elite and their unIslamic practices, based more upon tribalism and traditional power structures than upon brotherhood and religious sentiment. In response, Mawlana Faizani began preaching, filling his sermons with the fire of moral and spiritual discontent. His critical sermons addressed the corrupt political practices that surrounded the people of Mazar-i-Sharif and he spared neither cleric, nor government official, nor the landlords who participated in the crude feudalism of their country of that time. However, as is the norm when spiritual luminaries criticize established authorities in "developing" nations, Mawlana Faizani quickly became a target for men of great power who did not want to upset the status quo.
    He sounds awesome!! Have his khutbas been compiled into a book?

"Before Taliban: Geneologies of the Afghan Jihan" has a small chapter devoted to him in it.. it and is definitely worth a read.
    I dont not Sympathized with Criminals.

I particularly liked this part:

"is critical sermons addressed the corrupt political practices that surrounded the people of Mazar-i-Sharif and he spared neither cleric, nor government official, nor the landlords who participated in the crude feudalism of their country of that time."

Shareef,
    His books are spreadable from that site mentioned in wiki article.
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SheikhThingsUp View Post
    "is critical sermons addressed the corrupt political practices that surrounded the people of Mazar-i-Sharif and he spared neither cleric, nor government official, nor the landlords who participated in the crude feudalism of their country of that time."
    Mazaris seem to be a popular target lol.. this has been going on since Sana'i:

http://www.rira.ir/rira/php/?page=vi...j=poem&id=9556
    I dont not Sympathized with Criminals.

Blog Entries

من اینجا بس دلم تنگ است!
    بیا ره توشه برداریم

His daughter has a program in one of the Afghan TV channels, Faherul Nissah Ahmadzai and she's really good Masha Allah.
    زندگی آمدبرای بندگی زندگی بی بندگی شرمندگی

"Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others' faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear." Rumi

i have read part of his Book (Haft jaam dar taqwiya e eman---هفت جام در تقویه ایمان) and it all deals with sufi teachings of roh and nafs, i found it informative.
    Oh Allah i am richer than you and you are poorer than me, because i have a Lord like you and you don't have anyone like yourself. Khawaja abdullah ansar.

How impossible is it to find his works outside of Afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHadi View Post
    How impossible is it to find his works outside of Afghanistan?
    http://www.faizani.com/online_librar...ads/index.html
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera