Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad temper

Blog Entries

Default Bad temper

I am sure every has a time when they lose their temper.
    I am a chilled guy but I have noticed that i lose my temper when someone is being really annoying and specially when I have high expectations from him/her.
    I never wanna have a weak point so what's the best way to not lose your temper? and just control your self no matter how stupid someone behaves.
    I can be without anyone
    but not without you.

Rumi Balkhi

Default Re: Bad temper

I rarely lose my temper. Now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time I lost my temper. Maybe it's because I don't care.

I read somewhere that if you get angry while you are standing, you should sit down, if you are sitting down you should lie down and I forgot how the rest goes.

I think you should take up some excercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Edr!s View Post
    I am sure every has a time when they lose their temper.
    story of my life

and too many times i end up hurting people by saying or doing somethings i will definitely regret later..

i realise it gets more severe during the end of the school years with so many deadlnes to meet and exams to prepare for. so someone suggested maybe it's because of stress... this year i have signed up for yoga and meditation classes... they were okay when i attended them but i stopped at one point... so it's back.

what i basically did with my instructor was meditate every early morning and breathing exercises to help me relax, and then some yoga, all in our backyard.. she suggested i listen to my favorite music which can calm me down etc. etc... so i'd recommend you do some meditating...

This is what i do when my elders give me unwanted advice on stuff based on how i behave. Eqa badem myaya but i try not to lose my temper.

1. (if at home) Clench your hands into fists and go to your room. Find a fluffy pillow and punch away, curse etc
    2. (Unwanted advice) Cover your ears with your fingers and just stand there staring the person right in the eye. Then if s/he continues on start shaking your head side to side, making goofy faces, yelling "I can't hear you blah blah", dancing around etc to piss him off until s/he goes away. (Works like magic )
    3. If at office one of your employees is being annoying...just ignore him...slip on your headphones and start listening to music.
    4. If outside, someone is being annoying...walk away if you can...but if the temptation of knocking him out cold is irresistible don't resist. Cuz afterward you'd feel guilty.
    5. Don't show emotions.( i.e. wrinkling up your forehead to form number 11) Just carry on with whatever you are doing expressionless. That way it's impossible for someone to figure out your weak point.
    I suffer from boredom illness

Blog Entries

As years have passed by ...you naturally undergo...being more chilled ..

you just have to find out what works best for you.

Edish, lol sorry i complained..qaar nasho sarem!

Actually, it's o.k to get a little angry once in a while otherwise people will take advantage of you and say whatever they wanna say, thinking you'll never get offended. For certain people, you have to be a little rough. ( learned that the hard way!)
    nobody at my job or friends know how bad my temper can get. i'm good at hiding it outside, but people close to me know, i act like a crazy person and just burst out! i almost always regret things i say though..it takes alot of maturity to have control over your anger..

Blog Entries

I really hope it mellows in a couple of years coz i can burst a vein. That usually happens in certain times, otherwise im all "mehhhhhhh"

Blog Entries

i just look for solutions to the problem. however when it gets out of control i break remotes, tv's and phones... in my head. in real life i just stand there with my face all red, smoke coming out of my ears, looking real scary... and then i walk away!

just walk away from things you can't deal with, its not worth it. when you cool down and things seem less intense you can go back and hopefully if its not a real problem it'll be gone like magic! but if it is a real problem then you would have had the time to think of better ways to deal with it.
    Note to self: “Irritability is immaturity of character. If you are subject to being cross and unpleasant with others for no apparent reason, you need to come face-to-face with the fact that you are thinking too much of yourself. After all, your feelings are not the most important things in this world.”

I tend to lose my temper at home with loved ones : ( it happens rarely, and when it does i go clean the house like crazy. its the only time i ever do any cleaning lol

also stupid people make me lose my temper, but i tend to stay away from the ones i know >.>
    e.u.p.h.o.r.i.a.

Congratulations, you are human!
    تعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

The Blog Etcetera

Blog Entries

True to walk away.. but when i do switch to the other side i find coming back is easy. Try not to hold too many grudges.. sheeet happens.

Blog Entries

i only lose my temper with people i have no respect left for. that too over very small matters. i just get frustrated easily. i have noticed how much i am capable of enduring when it comes to some other people. it never goes away no matter how hard you try. you can supress it for a while but it will always pop out. feeling too large for your own cloths and sweating..hearing your voice hit the roof and not being able to stop even though you plead with yourself to please please stop...
    Last edited by Blood..; 06-22-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato

Blog Entries

Blood, I feel ya.
    Respect goes both ways. The second I lose it then nothing can make me stop. It's really unhealthy to be so bitter and spit out dirt, but it's even worse to keep it in. The best thing to do is to be blunt, speak out what you're thinking without the behayaness. The only people I have a hard time with is my parents. I hold everything in. But sadly even for them my temper is increasing.
    zah da hagha chaman gull yem che bahar pe naraze-- ka zowani she zama khawre sta atbar pe naraze

Blog Entries

I walk away, or become silent till I can gather my thoughts again.
    Rule of thumb, while angry you will almost always regret speaking, and will rarely regret silence.
    ...murmle...

imagine people naked.
    said hindostani - the unwashed phenomenon, the original vagabond.

^lol!

I am so bad at controlling my temper..when i get angry..I proper have a go at somebody - no matter who it is. But i dont swear or say bad things. I just speak the truth even when I am angry. only difference is I use more body language, raise my voice and have very crazy facial expressions..lool

I think thats why i never regret my anger..cuz everything I say is the truth which had to be hidden before. and then i feel relieved that i let it all come out.
    Surah 90, Verse 4:

لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ فِي كَبَدٍ

که ما انسان را در رنج آفریدیم (و زندگی او پر از رنجهاست

We have certainly created man into hardship

and what about your hubby, zakiah? i hear he never gets mad ever?
    said hindostani - the unwashed phenomenon, the original vagabond.

Blog Entries

I have a pretty bad temper. Really really bad. I need to learn to control my actions and words when I'm angry, cuz this loose canon thing isn't doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Hindostani View Post
    and what about your hubby, zakiah? i hear he never gets mad ever?
    Loll..yeah it's true..though rare for an Afghan man.
    Surah 90, Verse 4:

لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ فِي كَبَدٍ

که ما انسان را در رنج آفریدیم (و زندگی او پر از رنجهاست

We have certainly created man into hardship